This 30-Something Filipina Moved to Spain and Here's How She Made It Happen

The thought of moving to another country can be both exhilarating and nerve-racking. Taking in new sights, immersing yourself in a different culture, learning a new language—all these help you develop a global mindset and set you up for an experience of a lifetime. Such is the case for Angely Dub, CEO of Access Travel, who has been living in Spain for a month now.

"It's been very confusing and inspiring. And I am growing more than ever," Angely tells Female Network. "I am just that kind of person. I grow when there's no one around me and I love that. And I am not saying that I don't like asking for help. I [just] really want to do things on my own."

In an effort to scale her business, she opted to get a Master's degree in Customer, Experience, and Innovation at IE Business School in Madrid, which according to her, is one of the best business schools in Europe. She also intends to give back to the country through sharing her learnings via her podcast, 'Life in Progress, becoming a professor, and possibly building an online academy. "I want to share my knowledge. I want to build my own academy online, where I can help more Filipinos with their entrepreneurial skills," she said.

Moving to Spain

Building a new life in another country requires mental and financial preparedness, especially if you're going to do it alone. However, being mentally prepared was not an issue for Angely anymore because she has been running her travel and tours business for 11 years (and has been traveling abroad on her own since she was 16). "I'm so used to being alone and I love it."

However, she has started preparing for her move to Madrid as far back as six years ago. "Before I went to IE, my tuition fee was all paid. My house was all paid [for]. So now I'm not worrying about anything. Before I came here, everything was prepared." It also helps that Angely's businesses are all e-commerce, and everyone in her team is trained to work remotely. "So my businesses have been running without me and they will continue to run without me." 

She continued, "I'm prepared for the next two years, even if I don't work in Spain. So yes, I am that kind of person. When I have to do big moves, I prepare ahead of time. I don't make moves where I have to struggle financially because I strongly believe [that] if you are financially prepared, everything goes smoothly because everything is interconnected." She credits her go-getter attitude to how she was raised. "Our family is there to support us, but never to become hindrance. So maybe that's the difference." 

Prioritizing Life Over Business

But it's not all work and no play for Angely, as ultimately, her goal is to live a full life. "I did not become a business woman to be a slave of my own business. I took this journey because I want to live my life. I want to be a person outside my business, you know? Yes, I make money but my purpose in life is not to become a millionaire or be controlled by my money on my business. I work hard. And I save up and I live my life."

She continues, "My legacy is to share, you know, my wisdom, my knowledge with everyone, and to inspire people to go after their dreams as well." When asked if the pandemic posed a challenge to her move, she said it actually inspired her to take action. "Life is shorter than ever. So what am I waiting for? I'm actually not scared of anything. So whenever I want something, I save up for it. I work hard for it, then I just go."

[ArticleReco:{"articles":["42711","34778","32201","42353"]}]



This 30-Something Filipina Moved to Spain and Here's How She Made It Happen
Source: Viral Real News

Post a Comment

0 Comments